450 upper availability

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: 450 upper availability

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:42 pm

Welcome Mark. What other forums do you haunt? Sorry it took so long to confirm your post, we have had widespread Internet outages around North Texas today due to flooding.
Pull up a stump and grab a cup of Joe.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby commander faschisto » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:27 pm

I've often had the urge to throw my computer into the pond, myself... ;)
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby kottke_35 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:10 am

commander faschisto wrote:I've often had the urge to throw my computer into the pond, myself... ;)

Ditto my friend.

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby Al in Mi » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:30 am

wildcatter wrote:Ohh, You Guys..

I don't order mine from Midway, I go to the source, for special pricing. But ya all can do good at MidWay. Ya might want to PM Scott (tigersfan ), or call Walsh Gun & Tackle, (989) 856-4465, he is a dealer here in MI and usually has them cheap, if you mention me. He also has ammo, mags and stuff..

..t

I was just up there a couple of days ago, only thing he had was Remingtons with no positive news when more would be available.
Al in Mi

Postby duckmanmark » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:01 pm

Thanks for the welcome 'dawg, I too am in North Texas and was thrilled to see the rain. ARFCOM is another of my haunts and have learned a great deal from those guys. I built 5 lowers from 0% forgings using Ray Vinson's methodization guide of the process. (My boys had a great Christmas that year) The 450 is my Christmas present this year and is just now getting in. To keep this post on topic; I don't know where Impact Guns get their stock from, but evidentaly the 16" barrel is still available.
Christian, Conservative
Husband, Father
Friend, Worker
Taxpayer
I'm not sure if this is a sigfile or an epitaph
duckmanmark

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:43 pm

duckmanmark wrote:Thanks for the welcome 'dawg, I too am in North Texas and was thrilled to see the rain. ARFCOM is another of my haunts and have learned a great deal from those guys. I built 5 lowers from 0% forgings using Ray Vinson's methodization guide of the process. (My boys had a great Christmas that year) The 450 is my Christmas present this year and is just now getting in. To keep this post on topic; I don't know where Impact Guns get their stock from, but evidentaly the 16" barrel is still available.

Dude....We gotta hook up. I am southwest of Bonham. about 20 miles.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby twstanley » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:56 pm

I emailed Impact Guns on Friday, they said they had 16" uppers available at their supplier, so I placed an order Friday night. :D

(Of course, I started shopping for dies, brass, etc, etc etc...luckily I didn't order any yet because.....)

I called Impact Guns today to followup, turns out they don't have any 450b uppers, their supplier isn't even selling uppers separately anymore. :(

I called Walsh guns, they are going to call me back when they find out when and what will be available, hopefully in the next couple weeks.

Grrrr.
twstanley

Postby Hoot » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:12 am

twstanley wrote:I emailed Impact Guns on Friday, they said they had 16" uppers available at their supplier, so I placed an order Friday night. :D

(Of course, I started shopping for dies, brass, etc, etc etc...luckily I didn't order any yet because.....)

I called Impact Guns today to followup, turns out they don't have any 450b uppers, their supplier isn't even selling uppers separately anymore. :(

I called Walsh guns, they are going to call me back when they find out when and what will be available, hopefully in the next couple weeks.
nd you
Grrrr.

Ever see the movie "Panic in Needle Park"? One of Al Pacino's better performances. He actually had a robust acting career before The Godfather and Scarface.

When enough folks become complaisant enough about a product that they only want to buy it when it is on sale or discounted, you switch the production line to manufacture something else and you sweat the junkies by creating a shortage. Keep them jonesing long enough and when you decide to start production again, they'll be clawing their wallets out of their pockets regardless of price and handing them to you. Same applies to ammunition.

Manufacturers have an euphemism for this. "Seasonal Manufacturing"

Girlfriends, fiances and to a lesser degree, wives, have this polished to an art-form. ;)

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Clipity » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:41 pm

If anyone is looking for an upper TDS Guns have 3, two 16" and one 20" they are a bit $$$859.95 well I think so since I only paid $485 for mine last year :D
Clipity

Postby firehawk » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:03 pm

Whew... I paid $600 for my upper which I thought was a little high at the time. I am glad I bought one when I did because any higher price and I would have just stuck with the 77/44 I have. Personally I could not have justified $700-$800+ for an upper.
firehawk

PreviousNext

Return to AR15 Style Rifles