REMINGTON 7-1/2 SMALL RIFLE BENCH

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

REMINGTON 7-1/2 SMALL RIFLE BENCH

Postby Ghost Dog » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:22 pm

Just saw the add, as you guys know I don't reload, so don't know if this helps or not.

http://www.wcarmory.com/index.php?main_ ... cts_id=317
Never pet a burning dog!
Ghost Dog

Re: REMINGTON 7-1/2 SMALL RIFLE BENCH

Postby Jim in Houston » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:35 am

Ghost Dog wrote:Just saw the add, as you guys know I don't reload, so don't know if this helps or not.

http://www.wcarmory.com/index.php?main_ ... cts_id=317

"WCArmory.com"??? Nothing to do with another WC, is there? Looks like a good deal; shipping in TX is less than $10, but I don't know if there is an additional hazmat fee. Anyway, Austin is within driving distance.

I recently did a comparison of identical loads with different primers (these, WSR's, and CCI400's), which is posted elsewhere - http://www.450bushmaster.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13526. The Rems gave the highest velocities, and I know they are preferred by several reloaders on this board.

Thanks for posting.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby Outdoored » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:03 pm

Thanks! Just ordered 4k Remmy 71/2 primers along with a few pounds of Lil Gun.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ..I spoke with them and they sais that they are expecting another large shipment soon on primers....so if you read this....get it at this price!
Outdoored

Postby Hoot » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:25 pm

They've lasted on that site for longer than most lesser brands have up until just recently. I'm taking that as a good omen. We're not the only caliber that appreciates the attributes of the 7 1/2.

Now, if only 22 selection and availability would begin to stabilize, that would be the final sign.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Nosparks » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:56 pm

Now, if only 22 selection and availability would begin to stabilize, that would be the final sign.

Targetsports.com has .22lr in stock just got a email for weekly ammo deals from them. $8.50 a box lead free rounds.
Nosparks

Postby Hoot » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:15 pm

Nosparks wrote:

Targetsports.com has .22lr in stock just got a email for weekly ammo deals from them. $8.50 a box lead free rounds.

Targetsports.com is one of "those stores" in terms of price. I generally associate them with folks who's number one concern is getting what they want, when they want it, as opposed to at an affordable price. There's a few web sites like that. Their like Gunbroker or Armslist. There is a brand of 22 that my Savage ,10-shot 50 yd groups in the .4's and it's not Eley or some other big name. It's also not readily available. When you can find it, it's not cheap. About $7.50/box. It sold for $4.50 this time last year. If you want something specific these days as opposed to 525 Bulk packs, then you have to pay, or spend the remainder of the shooting season hunting for a box here and there at pre-scalping prices. Two days ago, I ordered a brick of Remington Gold Bullet Bulk from Cabelas with free shipping to the nearest store for $2.30/box of 50. If you sort it by weight and again by rim thickness, my rifle shoots 10-shot groups at 50 yds into a .6 inch hole. Unsorted = 3-4 inches. I trade my time spent sorting for money. At least it's down in my air conditioned man cave, listening to what I like on the stereo. You can do worse with your time. Don't get me wrong. If I could have gotten the same number of extra hours from work, that I spent sorting, I could have bought a case of Eley Black Box Match. :roll:

My obsession with accuracy in my 22 is because next year, I hope to have gotten good enough with it to shoot in my local club's rimfire league.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Nosparks » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:29 am

I found targetsport to have decent pricing. The last time they had hornady 450b it sas $27.99. Which is a good price form me S I cannot locate any locally. Granted I have to pay shipping, but when you calculate time and gas I feel its about the same driving all over looking for it.
Im not into league shooting so I cannot comment about specific rounds for specific competition shooting and its pricing.
Nosparks

Postby commander faschisto » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:56 pm

Midway shows them in stock (actually, on clearance) today: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/160112 ... g#delivery
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Return to Reloading for the 450b