250 grain .452 Hard cast FTX style boolits?

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

250 grain .452 Hard cast FTX style boolits?

Postby Kobyashu » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:45 pm

OK, as I am a new guy, and probably a bit nuts, but is it too much to ask if Lee, Hornady, any major manufacturer makes a mold for something like this? If not, would this be something anyone else is interested in? I assume that I'm not the only one that would want something like this. Can I hear from the smart reloading guys? Any thoughts/experiences making molds in the machine shop?

Kobyashu
Kobyashu

Re: 250 grain .452 Hard cast FTX style boolits?

Postby pitted bore » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:35 pm

Kobyashu-
I'm uncertain what you're seeking. As you probably know, here are numerous molds from multiple makers for casting lead bullets weighing about 250 grains for 45 caliber pistols. It's not clear to me why they won't work for you.

What's the purpose of the bullet?

Do you want to obtain a mold to cast a bullet into which you can insert the FTX-type soft plastic point?

Or are you looking for a mold that casts a bullet having pointy profile about like an FTX?

There are molds available to cast some hollow point bullets that somewhat resemble an FTX; see Hollow Point Bullet Mold Service

Did you read through the sticky thread on reloading and shooting cast bullets? If you can offer some advice on how to get cast bullets to shoot accurately in the 450B, several of us would certainly like to read it.

Thanks.
--Bob
pitted bore

Return to Reloading for the 450b