RELOADING ALERT

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

RELOADING ALERT

Postby AWSHOOT » Wed May 21, 2014 4:11 pm

Be very careful to inspect your 450 cases just before loading powder. 40S&W fits down snug enough inside the 450, that it may actually get stuck.
I don't know if that's what happened with mine, but I have holes in a Cordura gun case, Coleman Lamp, one gal oil jug, and the garage door; and a pissed-off wife.
AWSHOOT

Re: RELOADING ALERT

Postby paulmark3010 » Wed May 21, 2014 6:02 pm

Huh? What happened exactly? :twisted:
paulmark3010

Postby AWSHOOT » Wed May 21, 2014 8:22 pm

I'm still conducting forensics, but now one was hurt.
Just for your own info, try it for yourself; insert a 40S&W into a 450 case.
AWSHOOT

Postby wildcatter » Fri May 23, 2014 9:08 pm

AWSHOOT wrote:I'm still conducting forensics, but now one was hurt.
Just for your own info, try it for yourself; insert a 40S&W into a 450 case.

I ain't doing that! It's like putting a hamburger in a hotdog bun..wink..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat May 24, 2014 2:35 am

That's why I don't own or load the 40S&W. Those hulls seem to love navigating their way into my empty brass after a day on the range with family. I have to double check every piece of 45ACP and 450 B brass to find those buggers. And they get all jammed up inside my brass when they come out of the tumbler. My family loves their 40s but darn it the hulls caused headaches.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby 3rdgeargrndrr » Sat May 24, 2014 10:07 am

haha me too, hate pulling 40 out of the 45acp, need needle nose pliers for that job.
i dont reload 40 either but sometimes grab them picking up my brass, looks just like 9mm at a glance.
too bad, because 40 is so plentiful at the range, i would never need to buy brass again if i ever loaded that.
CA: Exorcising my rights
3rdgeargrndrr

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat May 24, 2014 1:43 pm

We try to collect every bit of brass that hits the ground. I just bag up the 40s until I've saved enough to sell then I post it here for a deal. I think my last bag had about 250-300 in it. Fortunately, my kinfolks have moved back into their homestead down the creek from me and they have their own range now.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby pitted bore » Sat May 24, 2014 9:13 pm

AWSHOOT wrote:Be very careful to inspect your 450 cases just before loading powder. 40S&W fits down snug enough inside the 450, that it may actually get stuck.
I don't know if that's what happened with mine, but I have holes in a Cordura gun case, Coleman Lamp, one gal oil jug, and the garage door; and a pissed-off wife.

I hope the original poster returns to tell us what happened and at what point in the reloading process it occurred. It's not necessary to do a forensic analysis about cause and effect. We really would like to know what he was doing when something happened to produce holes in objects.

Merely inserting a 40S&W case into a 450B case and then putting some powder into the combined cases obviously won't cause any accidents. Something else was going on. Was there a ka-boom? Was a progressive press involved?

--Bob
pitted bore

Return to Reloading for the 450b