Hornady Die Problems GRRRRR!

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: Hornady Die Problems GRRRRR!

Postby 45-70 shooter » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:25 am

BD1 agree. Twist+ Velocity+bullet+fit are the three legs of the accuracy chair.

If you twist is correct, your bullet fits, then for velocity to cause tipping it would have to be so low as to dribble the bullet out.

The 45 ACP can be supressed w/o tipping and it's very slow compared to the 450 BM.

Velocity was not my problem as the same load was used for .451 and .453 bullets. The former tipped, the latter did not. Twist must be "close" and I believe better made .453 bullets with proper gas checks will achieve 3" 5 shot groups @100 yards. This is not a gopher rifle so 3" will kill anything I might shoot within it's ethical range of <200 yards.

Hunting with an AR is not my thing except for called Yotes (223 big magazine) as compared to any number of sporting rifles they are heavy clubs. Hunting is about getting close and killing cleanly with one shot. ARs are fun, useful for slaughtering feral pigs and rag heads.
When the house of cards collapses, I'm sure my ARs will be far more useful than my Ruger No. 1s.

Glad we agree. Hope our respective efforts with cast bullets meet our goals.
45-70 shooter

Previous

Return to Reloading for the 450b