Hornady die question

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: Hornady die question

Postby wildcatter » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:44 pm

tbirdman74 wrote:I will fess up, mine was used for a punch to drive a shaft out of a bearing once, so I'm pretty sure I'll never use it in my dies...

Me too I use mine for a tire iron. I've welded an eye bolt unto it so I can anchor the boat now..wink

Of course, Hoot is right, for flat nosed bullets it works great! However, out of laziness, I use my ftx seater to seat FP's it picks up the Ojive even though sometimes it doesn't make really pretty loads, leaving a slight ring, when I'm in a hurry, around the Ojive just south of the point..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Re: Hornady die question

Postby 3rdgeargrndrr » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:23 am

I have used it in a 9mm,once. it sits so high, that any adjustment will cause bullet setback. I have a bunch of them. I'm sure I can put them to use somewhere.
Another thing included in the Hornady set is the C ring, it is next to the extra primer pins with the instructions, I've never used one ever.
CA: Exorcising my rights
3rdgeargrndrr

Previous

Return to Reloading for the 450b