Hornady Monoflex

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: Hornady Monoflex

Postby wildcatter » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:29 pm

The Minor Hits values are OK to explore. But the truth is, we have allot of leeway in the killing dept. And Bang Flop is usually the norm no matter what the bullet is.

Having said that, depending on the Mission, some bullets will be better than others.

Which I gotta tell ya, I love Mono-Flex bullets.

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Re: Hornady Monoflex

Postby Jim in Houston » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:02 pm

wildcatter wrote:The Minor Hits values are OK to explore. But the truth is, we have allot of leeway in the killing dept. And Bang Flop is usually the norm no matter what the bullet is.

Having said that, depending on the Mission, some bullets will be better than others.

Which I gotta tell ya, I love Mono-Flex bullets.

..t

The mission and the range at which it is carried out. IMHO and my experience, 200 yards is too far with the FTX; maybe OK with the XTP, and closer ranges would be OK with the FTX. There is a lot of info on large game kills on the board (bears, the odd moose, don't recall any elk, though), but few mentions of the ranges at which they were taken.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Previous

Return to Reloading for the 450b