Reloading Data

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Reloading Data

Postby blharr4400 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:39 pm

Good afternoon everyone... I would like to say thank you for welcoming me to the forum and I look forward to learning from you and sharing what I learn about my 450B. I recently put a 20" Bushmaster complete gun on lay-a-way at the LGS and have started look at reloading data for the 450B cartridge. I see the 450B sub-forum on reloading and it has lots of good information but I dont seem to see an area that list reloading data. Am I over looking something or do I need to read through all the threads on the 450B reloading sub-forum to find reloading data?
blharr4400

Re: Reloading Data

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:19 am

The reloading data that is published is mainly in the Hornady reloading manual. You may find some data here on this forum, but you need to understand that some of that data is R&D Only and in several cases, exceeds SAAMI specs and should not be used by the Novice. Stay with the Hornady manual and the "GO TO" powder is LilGun.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby blharr4400 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:51 am

Thanks for your help Texas Sheepdawg. I have been reloading for many years and totally understand the load work up process. I was hoping to develop two loads. One that shoots the 225 FTX and one that shoots 230 FMJ's. I have been digging around the forum and found a lot of useful information but didn't know if I was over looking a "load data" area. I look forward to being part of the community and posting results as I work through this.
blharr4400

Postby pitted bore » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:04 am

blharr4400-
There are three sources of reloading data that have been tested following SAAMI protocol.

• The Hornady Handbooks, 8th and 9th editions
  • The Western Powders Reloading & Data guide, which is available online
  • The Lyman AR Reloading Handbook
Loads posted on the forum, unless traceable to tested data, should be considered as possibly useful information. It's best to initially regard them as being for entertainment purposes only.

We'll look forward to reading your questions and commentary on the forum.
--Bob
pitted bore

Return to Reloading for the 450b