Is this set up going to work?

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Is this set up going to work?

Postby Rwood » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:00 pm

Hey guys ive been doing some so reading on the reloading of the 450 here and i havent found anything that covers this setup.....not saying its not here because im usually doing some reading here late at night half passed out over a keyboard before bed lol. I found this set of dies
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/146834 ... bushmaster
Would this set be something i could use to reload my rounds, mainly looking to reload them with the hornady 250 ftx bullets or maybe the 275 barnes or something nothing on the high end or low end of the weight spectrum if that matters. Ive seen alot of different 450 die sets of different part numbers and offerings lately and id just like to get my hands on a complete ready to use setup not really looking to have to modify dies like ive seen in some of the threads....not that i have anything against it other than im too intimidated id screw it up so hats of to you gentleman that do it. thanks guys
Rwood

Re: Is this set up going to work?

Postby Hoot » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:14 pm

Rwood wrote:Hey guys ive been doing some so reading on the reloading of the 450 here and i havent found anything that covers this setup.....not saying its not here because im usually doing some reading here late at night half passed out over a keyboard before bed lol. I found this set of dies
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/146834 ... bushmaster
Would this set be something i could use to reload my rounds, mainly looking to reload them with the hornady 250 ftx bullets or maybe the 275 barnes or something nothing on the high end or low end of the weight spectrum if that matters. Ive seen alot of different 450 die sets of different part numbers and offerings lately and id just like to get my hands on a complete ready to use setup not really looking to have to modify dies like ive seen in some of the threads....not that i have anything against it other than im too intimidated id screw it up so hats of to you gentleman that do it. thanks guys

They're the ones though searching around may net you a better price. I've spotted sets for as little as $59.00 lately, only to discover them out of stock. The trick is to copy the Hornady part number for the die set and google it instead of a more wordy description. IE Optics Planet says they have two set left for $69.81 with free shipping as an example of the power of the smart search.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby ARconnect » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:37 am

I purchased a set from midsouthshooterssupply.com - came in late last week. Mid-south had them in stock while Midway's are still on back order. Mid-south was a little cheaper too. Same Hornady number as Midway lists: Item # 546452.
ARconnect
From the Land of the Bullet Button, 10 Rnd Max Cap Mags, and Lead-Free Fodder. But this place would be Paradise without the Politicians.
ARconnect

Postby Hoot » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:30 am

ARconnect wrote:I purchased a set from midsouthshooterssupply.com - came in late last week. Mid-south had them in stock while Midway's are still on back order. Mid-south was a little cheaper too. Same Hornady number as Midway lists: Item # 546452.

Welcome Aboard. Yes, that is exactly what you need to begin reloading the 450b.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby ARconnect » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:58 am

Thanks Hoot. I was led to this site by reading the old thread from CalGuns - great thread, really long, but jam packed with info.

Glad you all set this site up, and thanks for having me.
ARconnect
From the Land of the Bullet Button, 10 Rnd Max Cap Mags, and Lead-Free Fodder. But this place would be Paradise without the Politicians.
ARconnect

Return to Reloading for the 450b