*Hello to all our new members*

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: *Hello to all our new members*

Postby AboveTheBest » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:37 pm

Hey everybody,

I'm an aspiring 450 Bushmaster Owner, and you could say I'm a bit obsessed.
I cant think of how many times I hit the refresh button on GunBroker every day, and I've scoured the local shops looking for upper receivers.

Hopefully Bushmaster will give us some much needed reprieve from the lack of 450's floating around for sale, and I look forward to shooting some deer and hogs with a thumper!

Chris

**Edit, 2/2/2014**
Sealed the deal on a 20" upper, should have it next week.

BTW: I've been lurking here for several months now, and I have to compliment the board users for the courtesy and repsect that is seldom found on internet boards of late.
He who makes a beast of himself gives up the pain of being a man
AboveTheBest

Postby Dixiejack » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:53 am

Hello everyone. I have recently moved to South Indiana from South Georgia. I had plenty of use for my .450B Hawg Thumper down in the swamps, but haven't seen any action up here in Indiana. Looking forward to sharing information and socializing with good people who share the same interests.
Never mind the mule, just load the wagon.
Dixiejack

Postby Hoot » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:19 pm

Image new guys. If you start now, you can read the plethora of information here, without stopping, until warm shooting weather arrives and you'd still have more to read. Lots of good information abounds.

If you want to try searching for specific topics you're interested in, don't use the almost worthless search function on this forum. Instead, put Google to work. You can build a search query that searches only this (or any other) forum using Google. Just precede your search terms with site:450bushmaster.com or .net
IE, if you're looking for reloading data using the search terms Lil Gun, the engine will reject those terms because some metric in it considers them to be too common. If you query Google with the expression site:450bushmaster.com lil gun, you will get over 100 hits to refine with. If you use .net instead of .com you get over 900 hits.

I wish more new folks knew that one. It saves a lot of frustration.

Anyway, glad to see so many new faces around here!

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby RR44 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:52 pm

Thanks, I was sent here from a fellow member, I look forward to reading up on all the available info here, glad to be here!
RR44

Postby wildcatter » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:44 pm

AboveTheBest wrote:Hey everybody,

I'm an aspiring 450 Bushmaster Owner, and you could say I'm a bit obsessed.
I cant think of how many times I hit the refresh button on GunBroker every day, and I've scoured the local shops looking for upper receivers.

Hopefully Bushmaster will give us some much needed reprieve from the lack of 450's floating around for sale, and I look forward to shooting some deer and hogs with a thumper!

Chris

**Edit, 2/2/2014**
Sealed the deal on a 20" upper, should have it next week.

BTW: I've been lurking here for several months now, and I have to compliment the board users for the courtesy and repsect that is seldom found on internet boards of late.

ATB,

Good to have you and the other new guys as well.

It was good that you got your 450 moving, as I have some good news myself.

Bushy/Remy have just about caught up on the AR15, which is where they have been placing their efforts into, for the last couple of years. Heck they pretty much scraped their entire line, of firearms, too concentrate on the 15's. The panic has been over all of last year, and all of the Manf's, ammo too, have just been playing Catchup. Well the doors are open on the return of the 450b and they have shipped quite a few the last two months.

So, if ya want one and aren't on several lists (hey if you get one that you don't want, because you were on a list that hit first, call'em up and cancel the order. You're not going to hurt anybodies feelings, there are tons of folks wanting them.), you better get signed up before the guys waiting to the last minute start scarfing them up and leaving you in the cold..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby rb288 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:33 pm

Hello from sunny Sarasota, Fl.

Have received my first 450 bushmaster and am thrilled to be here.

Will be looking for advice and information as I get a bit more used to it regarding where to get mags and, if needed, followers, optic options, anything that might be "needed" for my rifle.
I am new to 450 but not "big bore" guns.
I dabble in .454 casull handguns and rifles.

Anyway, great to be here.
I may have been on the losing side, but, I'm not convinced it was the wrong side.
rb288

Postby scottfisher » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:49 pm

Just got my 450 upper the other day and I cant wait to take out and slay some hogs with it. Also looking forward to reloading for to see what its capable of. From what I've seen so far it looks to be really accurate. Have already asked a few question on the boards already and got info right away. Thanks for helping a brother out. Scotty
scottfisher

Postby ncwg2boatguy » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:11 am

Looking forward to it Mudbug. Thanks everyone.
Jim Clarke
CMC USN Retired, 27yrs
Seabee's CAN DO!!
ncwg2boatguy

Postby leuders » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:39 pm

Three weeks ago, I did not know this site existed. Four weeks ago, I rebarreled a 98 Mauser and chambered it for a 450 BM. 16" bull barrel threaded for a suppressor and a detachable, single stack box magazine. The first three rounds out of the muzzle produced a dime size group at 100 yds. Needless to say, I am hooked. Thanks to all for the great wealth of information on this site.
leuders

Postby secomron » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:39 pm

Though I should start here and introduce myself. Long time shooter and hand loader plus experienced AR builder. I decided to put together my first .450 BM rifle and figured this will be a good place to find useful info. Planned build will be a 20 inch upper on an Anderson Arms lower with CMMG LPK, MagPul MOE grip and fixed stock. Going to use an EoTech 512.65 with a 3X magnifier for sights. I probably will go with a 1-4 or 2-7 scope at some point, I have a spare 512 and magnifier in the part drawer at this time.

Thanks,
Secomron
secomron

PreviousNext

Return to Reloading for the 450b