*Hello to all our new members*

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: *Hello to all our new members*

Postby Hoot » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:40 pm

Welcome aboard guys. There's a plethora of reloading data and techniques detailed in this forum, but it is cavernous. If you can't find specific information about a bullet or powder, ask away in the reloading for the 450b sub-forum. The embedded search engine here is peculiar. If you're looking for something specific, consider using Google's forum search function. The command format is site:450bushmaster.net search term(s)

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby GunsmithNick » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:24 pm

It seems like I may be a little late to the party. Is the 450 Bushmaster going to stick around? It seems like everything about it is tapering off. Should I build one?
GunsmithNick

Postby glock23c » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:51 pm

GunsmithNick wrote:It seems like I may be a little late to the party. Is the 450 Bushmaster going to stick around? It seems like everything about it is tapering off. Should I build one?

It seems like the 450B is hotter now than its ever been. With more and more previously "shotgun only" states approving straight walled rifle rounds for deer hunting the 450 falls right into that niche.

Midway recently had a sale on 450 uppers. I ordered a 16" and when I called and ordered mine there were 80 in stock. The next day they were out of stock. Not many in stock anywhere on the net.
glock23c

Postby slowpoke » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:10 am

Thanks for the welcome guys. This is the first forum I have registered to in about 5 or 6 years. I did because from what I trolled around and saw, there was a lot of 450b reloading info and not a lot of opinion pushing and name calling like other sites I looked at. Thanks for a great site.
slowpoke

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:11 am

slowpoke wrote:Thanks for the welcome guys. This is the first forum I have registered to in about 5 or 6 years. I did because from what I trolled around and saw, there was a lot of 450b reloading info and not a lot of opinion pushing and name calling like other sites I looked at. Thanks for a great site.

Welcome Slowpoke. Thank you so much for your kind words. We strive to keep our campfire stress free. The credit goes to our members. These are the best bunch of gun cranks you could ever ask for. We are FAMILY. Our rifles are like our children and this forum is dedicated to making our rifles the best kids you could ever ask for. :mrgreen:
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby j browne » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:26 am

thank you for the warm reply! looking forward to building me a 450 bushmaster upper so I can take advantage of being able to use straight walled rifle cartridges in the shotgun zone of lower mi this year to hunt deer.
j browne

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:53 am

j browne wrote:thank you for the warm reply! looking forward to building me a 450 bushmaster upper so I can take advantage of being able to use straight walled rifle cartridges in the shotgun zone of lower mi this year to hunt deer.

Welcome to the campfire!!
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby wildcatter » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:20 am

glock23c wrote:
GunsmithNick wrote:It seems like I may be a little late to the party. Is the 450 Bushmaster going to stick around? It seems like everything about it is tapering off. Should I build one?

It seems like the 450B is hotter now than its ever been. With more and more previously "shotgun only" states approving straight walled rifle rounds for deer hunting the 450 falls right into that niche.

Midway recently had a sale on 450 uppers. I ordered a 16" and when I called and ordered mine there were 80 in stock. The next day they were out of stock. Not many in stock anywhere on the net.

Got that right, with 34 States changing their shotgun areas to allow realistic solutions and the Fact that either this year or next year, Pigs, will become the #1 hunted Big Game animal even eclipsing the fabled White-Tail Deer (accounting to the BLM)!

So, no sir, the 450b only has brighter sky's ahead.

Fyi Remington has a Hog Line that includes our 450b, Hornady just announced their Hog line, and Winchester has a Hog line as well. Everybody is gearing up for the Pig-Bomb! and .223's, .243's, 30-30's, even .308's & 30-06's won't prove much more than death to the shooter, if a 300-800lb pig is charging at 50yds. Even the 06 will look puny under those circumstances!

No Sir-ree, the 450b ain't going nowhere. and when the guys finally realize that their famed whitetail bolt/lever gun ain't up to the task, that leaves one other choice, the 450b..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Hunter87 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:04 pm

Hello everyone,

I just got my first 450 BM today. Picked up a Franklin Armory 20" upper for a deal that was to good to pass up, even though the only review I could find was on here and was less then flattering :| . So yes it is the rifle length gas system, it is unfired so I have no idea if it will have the usual problems associated with that setup. I am a confidant "bobbie level gunsmith" so I'll take on any issues as they come and I look forward to using the wealth of knowledge that is available on this forum.
Hunter87

Postby Hoot » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:24 am

Hunter87 wrote:Hello everyone,

I just got my first 450 BM today. Picked up a Franklin Armory 20" upper for a deal that was to good to pass up, even though the only review I could find was on here and was less then flattering :| . So yes it is the rifle length gas system, it is unfired so I have no idea if it will have the usual problems associated with that setup. I am a confidant "bobbie level gunsmith" so I'll take on any issues as they come and I look forward to using the wealth of knowledge that is available on this forum.

Welcome Aboard!

With barrels that have their bore nitrided, prevailing advice around the web is to clean the heck out of them before first shooting them to remove any residual deposits of salts. Many folks speak about including JB compound, Flitz, Iosso, etc in that heavy cleaning. Look forward to your range report(s).

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

PreviousNext

Return to Reloading for the 450b