*Hello to all our new members*

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: *Hello to all our new members*

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:14 am

Welcome to our electronic campfire and also to our addiction! We do have a lot of fun here. Wildcatter is making ya some S'mores as we speak, but watch him close, he's bound to sneak half the plate before you get any.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby wildcatter » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:53 am

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:Welcome to our electronic campfire and also to our addiction! We do have a lot of fun here. Wildcatter is making ya some S'mores as we speak, but watch him close, he's bound to sneak half the plate before you get any.

Only Half??? That's not what you taught me to do!!

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Lschevelleguy » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:09 pm

Hello to all! I have to say I've lurked around your forum for some time. Finally joining!!! I've had my thumper for a year and a half or so and LOVE it! Now I've moved on to reloading. Mainly for $ savings in pistols. But alas, the 450b has made me yearn to learn more and more about the "art" of hand loading. Suffice to say I've learned a lot from you folks here.
Thanks, can't wait to learn more and more!
Dustin
What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?
Lschevelleguy

Postby Hoot » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:03 am

Welcome to pack Dustin.

Wow, a year and a half lurking and just now joining in with the baying and howling!

There is no such thing as dumb questions. Maybe they've been covered before, but they weren't dumb then either. ;)

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Buckshot Willy » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:03 pm

Guess it's my turn to put a log on your electronic campfire.
Name's Wilbert.
I live in the Netherlands and am admiring your freedom which is given to you
Guys by the 2nd amendment.

The reasons for me to get a 450B is in competition and rec shooting.
Next to that of that a friend of mine is planning on moving to Alaska and already invited me for hunting.
Since I want a good punch for this purpose the .450B looks a good choice to me.

My gun is gonna be built in Europe because of the ITAR laws.
(Just wanna stay polite).

The barrel I am planning on using is a Lothar Walther 1/16 twist barrel.
Upper is gonna be a Hera Arms HUS type.
I am still looking into the rest, but it is gonna be a mid length carbine with a 16" barrel.

I want to thank the moderators for giving me the oportunity to introduce myself.
My first impressions on this forum are great!!!
Buckshot Willy

Postby wildcatter » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:32 pm

Buckshot Willy wrote:Guess it's my turn to put a log on your electronic campfire.
Name's Wilbert.
I live in the Netherlands and am admiring your freedom which is given to you
Guys by the 2nd amendment.

The reasons for me to get a 450B is in competition and rec shooting.
Next to that of that a friend of mine is planning on moving to Alaska and already invited me for hunting.
Since I want a good punch for this purpose the .450B looks a good choice to me.

My gun is gonna be built in Europe because of the ITAR laws.
(Just wanna stay polite).

The barrel I am planning on using is a Lothar Walther 1/16 twist barrel.
Upper is gonna be a Hera Arms HUS type.
I am still looking into the rest, but it is gonna be a mid length carbine with a 16" barrel.

I want to thank the moderators for giving me the oportunity to introduce myself.
My first impressions on this forum are great!!!

Oh yeah Buckshot, and a hearty welcome to ya all.

Just soze ya nose the Second Amendment Does Not give American's anything and especially not Freedom.

The 2nd Amend., is in our Bill of Rights, which is a document to our Government to tell them what Freedoms we already have. A.K.A.. you have the Freedom to breathe and no Document can Guarantee that. BUT, you can put the Government on notice that they better not try to stop your breathing. Hence the words.."shall not infringe" at the end of the 2nd Amend. My Countrymen went to war once already, because the King of England decided that he could take the Guns away. He was taught that, that wasn't a very good idea.

So, it matters not if our Supreme Court ever agrees with the Obama Administration or not, we all know what "Infringed" means.

So then, as you sit by the fire, contemplate where your freedoms come from? I suggest one of two places, either from Man or from God, one is a tail-light guarantee, the other is a never changing guarantee, what da ya-all think??

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Jim in Houston » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:11 pm

Yes, important point. The Bill of Rights to the US Constitution does not grant rights. It recognizes those rights, whether granted by God or by nature, depending on your belief system, accuring to everyone by virtue of their being human beings. Then it prohibits the government from infringing on those rights.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby Chief506 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:43 am

Hey Gentlemen,
Newbie here from IA. I can't shoot anything but coyote for the most part with a rifle where I live. I bought one for hog hunting in the south. Even though i recently shot a rouge boar 160lbs ish for a farmer that was living in his corn for the summer. (boy he was happy)!!!The shot was below his right eye (quartering towards), and it got back up (.223) Second round in the ear. I was a little surprised, not ever encountering pigs before. I have never shot anything in the head and i didn't die. That's when the research began!!!!!!!!!! And the rest is history!! This will not happen again!!
I have to say i have enjoyed reading all the info on here. I do have a few questions. But I have a week before the Thumper gets here, so i will wait until I run it through the paces first. :D
On order:
16" bushy upper
MI G2 forearm 12"
SWFA SS HD 1X4x24 30mm
AND WHATEVER YOU TALK ME INTO!!!! :lol:

MIKE
Chief506

Postby Colohunter » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:39 am

Welcome chief!
Colohunter

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:44 am

Howdy to Buckshot Willie and Chief506, from the land of big pigs and LOTS of guns. Pull up a stump and enjoy. You are definitely going to have to show us pictures of that rifle, Buckshot!
BTW, you also have a God given right to S'mores, but you're gonna have to pursue that happiness... Cuz there goes Wildcatter running off into the woods with the last plate of them.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

PreviousNext

Return to Reloading for the 450b